Brock L. Easton
Brock Easton concentrates his practice in the areas of private equity and venture financing transactions, federal and state securities law, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, finance, general corporate matters, and commercial litigation. Mr. Easton represents businesses throughout their life cycles and assists clients with a wide range of transactions, contracts, financings, entity formations, and general business needs.
Mr. Easton advises start-up and high-growth companies regarding legal issues facing entrepreneurs in business ventures, such as entity selection, private placement offerings, equity incentive plans, capital structures, commercial contracts, employment agreements, and other business matters. He assists clients with a variety of equity and debt financing transactions, including raising equity funding from venture capitalists and angel investors as well as structuring debt. Mr. Easton’s experience also includes drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts and definitive documents, real estate transactions, and licensing agreements.
Mr. Easton’s experience in both business transactions and litigation matters allows him to assist clients in fully understanding and managing the legal risks and opportunities associated with their businesses.
Education and Qualifications
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2013
• Indiana Health Law Review, Executive Managing Editor, 2012-13
• Law Clerk Extern, Judge Robert Altice Jr., 2013
• Honorable Robert H. Staton Best Appellate Brief Scholarship, 2011
University of Indianapolis, B.S., Entrepreneurship, Summa Cum Laude, 2010
• Most Outstanding Entrepreneurship Scholar, 2010
Admitted to Indiana Bar, 2013
Admitted to U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, 2013
Indianapolis Bar Association
• Vice Chair, Executive Board, Young Lawyers Division, 2017
• At Large Member, Executive Board, Young Lawyers Division, 2016
• Member, Education & Social Committees, Young Lawyers Division, 2014-2015
Indiana State Bar Association
• Member, Young Lawyers Section Council
American Bar Association
Kids’ Voice of Indiana, Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem
Humane Society of Indianapolis, Volunteer