Brock L. Easton
Brock Easton concentrates his practice in the areas of private equity and venture financing transactions, federal and state securities law, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, finance, corporate governance, general corporate matters, and commercial litigation. Mr. Easton assists clients with a wide range of transactions, contracts, financings and entity formations, and acts as outside general counsel to companies.
Mr. Easton advises start-up, high-growth and mature companies from formation to liquidity event regarding legal issues facing entrepreneurs in business ventures, such as entity selection, private placement offerings, equity incentive plans, capital structures, commercial contracts, employment agreements and other business matters. He assists clients with a variety of equity and debt financing transactions, including raising equity funding from venture capitalists and angel investors as well as structuring debt. Mr. Easton’s experience also includes drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts and definitive documents, real estate transactions and licensing agreements.
Mr. Easton’s experience in both business transactions and litigation matters allows him to assist clients in fully understanding and managing the legal risks and opportunities associated with their businesses.
Education and Qualifications
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude, 2013
• Executive Managing Editor, Indiana Health Law Review, 2012-13
• Law Clerk, Judge Robert Altice Jr., 2013
• Honorable Robert H. Staton Best Appellate Brief, 2011
University of Indianapolis, B.S., Entrepreneurship, Summa Cum Laude, 2010
• Most Outstanding Entrepreneurship Scholar, 2010
Admitted to Indiana Bar, 2013
Admitted to U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana, 2013
Indianapolis Bar Association
• Executive Board Member, Business Law Section, 2019
• Young Lawyer of the Year, Finalist, 2018
• Executive Board Member, Young Lawyers Division, 2017-2018
• Education & Social Committee Member, Young Lawyers Division, 2014-2015
Indiana State Bar Association
• Past Member, Young Lawyers Section Council
The Salvation Army of Indiana, Echelon VP of Fundraising
Kids’ Voice of Indiana, Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem
Humane Society of Indianapolis, Volunteer