Mark R. Galliher
Mark R. Galliher devotes his career to specialized areas of commercial litigation, including fraudulent transfer litigation, bankruptcy litigation, title insurance and real estate disputes as well as mechanic’s lien matters and mortgage disputes. He has practiced extensively in Indiana State and Federal Courts, and serves as lead counsel in numerous appeals. Mr. Galliher has experience in arguing and briefing cases to the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and the Indiana Supreme Court and Court of Appeals.
Education & Qualifications
- Wabash College, B.A. (Latin), 1979, Magna Cum Laude
- Indiana University Law School – Indianapolis , J.D., 1983, Cum Laude
- Forrest E. Jump Scholar, 1980-83
- Associate Editor, Indiana Law Review
- Law Clerk, Hon. James B. Young, Indiana Court of Appeals
- Staff Attorney, Hon. Nicholas Sufana, U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- Indiana State Courts
Significant Cases and Accomplishments
- Rated AV/Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Miller v. LaSalle Bank Nat’l Ass’n, 595 F.3d 782 (7th Cir. Ind. 2010)o Won ruling upholding broad application of new safe-harbor statute for defectively notarized mortgages.
- Deutsche Bank Nat’l Trust Co. v. Mark Dill Plumbing Co., 908 N.E.2d 1273 (Ind. Ct. App. 2009) (Briefed for Amicus Curiae Ind. Land Title Ass’n)o Obtained rehearing opinion correcting original ruling severely limiting remedy of strict foreclosure.
- Money Store Inv. Corp. v. Summers, 849 N.E.2d 544 (Ind. 2006) – Obtained reversal (on transfer to Supreme Court) of lower court rulings allowing an unsecured creditor to become secured by purchasing unreleased mortgages.
- Gray v. National City Bank, 687 N.E.2d 356 (Ind. 1997) – Persuaded Indiana Supreme Court, on transfer, to affirm judgment avoiding fraudulent scheme to avoid lender’s claim, and vacate Court of Appeals opinion adverse to lender.
- Mr. Galliher is a parishioner of Sts. Constantine and Elena Orthodox Church in Indianapolis.